"Now, the teachings of yoga begins"
yoga sutra 1.1
Rising Lotus Yoga is built on the foundation of community. It is a place to grow and to feel at home. All of our teachers are trained to the highest standards and their primary concern is your experience. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience a better one.
We want you to feel as comfortable as possible when your with us thats why we've provided some helpful tips for your first visit:
- You know how your body feels best, wear comfortable clothing you feel good moving around in, we do recommend a barefoot practice for healthy foot and body alignment and to prevent slipping or gripping.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume, some students and teachers are sensitive to fragrance.
- For your convenience there is lots of parking right in front of our studio and even more behind our building as well.
- Arrive slightly early so our front desk karmis can help get you checked in and acquainted.
- If you have a mat bring it! don't have one yet? No sweat, we've got loaner mats available for use. We also provide props such as blankets bolsters and blocks.
- Leave your shoes and worries in the hallway but feel free to place your belongings in our cubbies at the back of the room, just make sure to silence those cell phones so everyone can get some zen!
- Yoga is a community practice, share the space with those around you, we encourage you to get to know your fellow yogis, and have fun!
- Let your teacher know of any injuries or concerns you have at the beginning of class.
- If you need to leave early please inform the teacher at the beginning of class and practice your own savasana before you exit.
- And most important of all, have fun! Move at your own level, it is a non- competitive practice, If you allow yourself to build your strength and flexibility slowly it will serve you for the rest of your life!